This one may have been simple, but it was definitely NOT quick!
In fact, I started the bunting about a year ago and I’m so pleased I got it out of the way early as I think I would have run out of time otherwise. I used a pinking blade on my rotary cutter, which sped up the cutting a little bit, but I ended with a blister on my finger from the pressure of so much cutting.
It was a great way to use up scraps of pretty fabric I had and good fun to look around on the wedding day and see bunting made from the same fabrics as most of my wardrobe.
I double layered some of the triangles and enclosed them all in bias binding. Look how pretty it was when it was all pushed through my sewing machine 🙂
In total I made about 218ft, some of which is now for sale on eBay as I obviously don’t have space to hang it in my house! I actually even made too much for the venue, but I’d rather that than not have enough. It took SO long to fold it up neatly, but I think it made it easier for the boys to hang it out on the morning of the wedding.
On a similar vein, so it may as well go in this post too, we (the kids in my class mostly – thanks!!) also made strings of paper fan flowers for the photo booth area. I bought some pretty paper in Hobbycraft and we followed plenty of online tutorials during lunch times at school.