Picture this…the year is 2013 and I am about to post my first dress on this blog. I stand in front of a red brick wall and……
….this happens. Obviously I hadn’t really thought about how to smile sweetly for the camera!
Anyway, as it goes, 2 years later and I’m back with a different brick wall, a better smile (I hope), and some form of the original dress.
As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve been remaking some of my earliest dresses so that they fit and are more wearable now.
This was originally a reversible dress, but I only wore it once because it was too hot! To make this more wearable I trimmed the two dresses apart around the armholes and necklines. I’ll show you the tie dye one soon, but, all ready to go straight away, is this soft, metallic, blue version.
I left the lattice collar on this one. I think the colours look nicely contrasted. The dress needed taking in a couple of inches and as I’d already taken out the zip, I just took it in at the centre back. I also hemmed it an inch shorter, and finished the insides with bias binding around the raw edges.
The fabric is quite a loose weave, so my hand stitching showed up quite a lot by the top of the zip, but I don’t think I’ll ever mind that.
I added the glittery button at the top as a prettier alternative to a hook and eye!