And here it is.
So I’ll stick with pretty pictures for this post.
We were on our way to a wedding when we took these photos. The coat stood up perfectly to the test of; a long drive, snow and Grandma approval!
I’m very proud of this make. A LOT of effort went in to getting the fit as perfect as I could, and I’m pretty pleased with the end result on that score.
The buttons actually do up in a different place to the original design, and I used far fewer. Only 6 on the front and none of the inside ones, but that was intentional and I don’t think it looks any worse for it!
I tacked down the lower lapel, but the collar is free to stand on its own.
This was my first time attempting welt pockets. They aren’t perfect, but I’m still very impressed with myself!
And although these side pockets were a nightmare to sew through all the layers (a few broken needles), they look good if I do say so myself!
And a final pic of us on our way to the wedding…