Over the Easter holidays we drove to Belgium for a week. It was a perfect relaxing holiday, made all the better by the waffles!
I haven’t been doing much sewing for myself recently, but I wanted some simple outfits, which were easy to pack and mix and match with other things in my wardrobe. In keeping with my original plans for this year, I made up some patterns from my new years list. And here is one of them.
It’s Grainline’s Hemlock tee again with a few alterations.
1. I made it in a woven rather than a knit – it’s a teal polyester lining fabric bought for £1 in Birmingham rag market and I only bought a metre as I wasn’t sure what to do with it. It’s SO soft and drapey though! Fair warning though – it melts easily!
2. I shortened the pattern by an inch.
3. Added an inch to either side of the hem and then curved it out slightly to make it very loose.
4. I made the armholes just become like raglan sleeves.
5. I made my own bias binding from a lovely scrap of cotton my mum gave me. I used this to bind all the raw edges (the insides are all French seamed).
We took these photos by the Menin gate in Ypres. I’ve been to the war cemeteries and monuments before, but seeing the sheer volume of men who gave their lives will always be something that I find very poignant and obviously emotive. We only spent a few hours in Ypres on the way back from Bruges to Calais, but it was still a very memorable and important part of the trip.
I’m sure you’ll see more of these holiday snaps popping up on my blog – and this top will undoubtedly be seen this month. You may also see some of these following snaps cropping up too. Yep, the obligatory Me Made May 2014 shots. So far we’re 3 days in and I’ve already realised I’m going to struggle with my pledge…
I, Lara of Dreaming of Avonlea, pledge to wear at least one item of me made clothing every day throughout may – ATTEMPTING to not repeat entire outfits and trying to identify any gaps in my wardrobe! Phew!
…Purely because I
like LOVE pyjama days, and though they may be few and far between during these busy times, I have no me made PJs – may have to rectify that this month!
Where applicable you can click on the images to go to original blog post.
Hope you’re all enjoying Me Made May this year. I’m loving the Pinterest group!