I just read Hannah’s latest blog post on Made With Hugs and Kisses. And thought it was as good a time as any to agree to some new ways of thinking about my projects.
So I hopped on over to So I sewed this to get a badge and decide on some
resolutions goals / attitudes towards my work.
So this year I pledge to:
1. Sew more separates – especially skirts and tops. That way I can wear them in more ways and perhaps I can learn new techniques over shorter spaces of time.
2. Pay attention to quality of fabrics. I need to make sure that they will drape as I want them to rather than just focussing on the pretty print.
3. Take my time with each project – I’ll confess I like the satisfaction of a finished project too much, I should focus on quality rather than quality.
4. Try to make season appropriate clothes – you wouldn’t believe how many lovely summer dresses I have that only come out once a year if lucky.
5. Learn / try a new finishing technique for at least one in 3 of my projects.
If I manage to stick to these I’m sure I’ll be able to take much more pride and enjoyment in my work.